Saturday, January 3, 2009

Snow Day

Snow Angels

The kids have been asking for a long time to go up north and play in the snow. This week we went to Flagstaff for a snow day. I have to apopogize to my family for not having the best attitude. I freeze at the mere mention of snow, and here we were packing up several changes of clothes, gathering gloves, hats, and several layers of jackets and sweatshirts (we don't own many real winter coats) to drive two hours and go LOOKING for the cold stuff! Oh, I was dreading the trip. But, I was pleasantly surprised at what a good time we had. It was a beautiful sunny day and perfect for playing outside and having fun.

The first thing we did once we got the car parked and kids bundled up, was to make a family of snowmen. Each kid seemed interested in rolling their own snowballs. Instead of stacking their parts onto another person's to make snowmen together, each kid made their own.

Bekah worked really hard to make her own snowman. It turned out very cute. Good job Bekah!

The problem with making snowmen first was that everyone was already cold and wet. Jared's shoe came off in the snow, too. We took a trip to the car to change everyone into warm, dry socks and gloves.

We headed for the hills to try sledding. Josh put Kendra on a sled and went down the hill with her before she could have time to get scared. After that she acted scared, but she kept getting back on and going down again.
Kendra, after her first run down the hill. The look on her face says it all. I think she had fun.


Jared didn't bother waiting for his turn on the sled. He had a good pair of ski pants (hand-me-downs from Josh's year in Canada). he just sat down and slid down the hill on his bottom several times. I think Jared loved the snow more than anyone else. He couldn't keep his hands out of it. Every time I turned around, he had another snowball. He loved the feel of it.


I must say that David seems to be attracted to me, even coming down a hill on a sled. I kept thinking he would veer to one side or another, but he came straight at me until I had to jump over him or be run over by him!



Then It was Jared's turn...



Kendra taking a little spin on the sled...



Back up the hill for another run.

Josh and Bekah exhausted after a great day in the snow.

1 comment:

  1. It is so good to hear from you Caprice and see your sweet family. You guys look great. So do you homeschool all of your kids or just Josh? We homeschool all of our kids except our two oldest Sahara and Bethlehem who opted for public school this year. ;-) Are you still in the Rose Garden ward?

    ReplyDelete