Monday, August 9, 2010

Moving Day

We are all moved into our new home and I am counting my blessings.  Moving day was a huge success!  We were all exhausted by the end of the day but I felt happy with all we got done. 

When I woke up Saturday morning, I heard rain outside.  The ground was wet but I wasn't really worried. Sure enough, the rain stopped and the ground was dry by the time helpers arrived at 8 am.  It was a true blessing because the weather was fantastic.  It was a little humid, but otherwise it was perfect for moving.  It never really got too hot.  That's saying something for August in Arizona. 

We had a lot of people come out to help us.  David's mom and brother spent many hours with us.  My brother brought two kiddos to help, too.  David's co-worker and people from church brought the count up to 21 people who came!  I couldn't believe how much support we had.  Thank you everyone! 

By the end of the day we had all the beds put together and dressers in their places.  The kids even had their things unpacked into their rooms. It was great going to sleep in a home that already looked and felt like we belonged here.

I am still in awe at how much larger the new home is.  We have boxes everywhere but it still feels roomy!  The stairs will take some getting used to.  Each trip up is like a mountain climb.  When I think of something I have forgotten (which happens to me often) I go through an internal debate about whether its really worth a trip all the way up to get it. 

The neighborhood is entirely different.  People open their garages and hang out outside.  Kids of all ages play outside, too.  In our previous neighborhood we only saw our neighbors when they were going somewhere, and then we rarely talked to them.  So far we love it here.
Bedrooms put together and decorated.  Not bad for one day!
Bekah making her space beautiful.
Enjoying a break after a day of hard work. 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the good move! Glad you are in our ward! WELCOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your move went so well! It was really nice meeting you on Sunday. We are so excited to have you in the ward. Like Audra said- Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it went well, you are missed in our ward, but luckily we're not far and we can get together, the kids will definitely need that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the ward! I'm so excited to have Bekah in Beehives! See you Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad everything worked out. The neighborhood is really nice, we loved it. Halloween and Christmas are soo fun. I miss you all at the gym. Glad you enjoy the house as much as we did. It's nice to know it's in good hands.

    ReplyDelete