Once again, I was bessed to be able to go to Women's Conference with my dear friends. It is an annual ritual I have come to love. I look forward to it all year. Not only do I get to feast on the Spirit and the words of wisdom that are at the conference, I get a break from being "Mom" for a few days and get to just be "Caprice." Donna and Debbie are the best friends ever. Thanks a million!This trip, I didn't miss the turn and drive us on to Circleville (Circle-where?), but I did lose the car key at a gas station in Kanab. After we had torn the car apart and still hadn't found it, I had no choice but to check the trash. I had emptied the trash bag and accidentally tossed the key in, too. Guess who got to go trash can diving! EWWW!
We got to go to yummy restaurants and hunt for bookstores that weren't open anymore. We had the annual search for the elusive "Dunford Donut." You would believe how hard it is to find the perfect donut. It's especially frustrating when you know it's out there... somewhere. We made quite an impression on the convenience store clerk in Scipio. He was confused at Donna's excitement over finding them there, but delighted when she asked if she could buy a whole box! We also got to go to the new Draper temple. We almost took a wrong turn and ended up going over the mountain. Fortunately we made it. Well worth the meandering drive. A trip to Women's Conference wouldn't be the same without a visit to the temple.
My Mother's Day card from Bekah had a bunch of questions that she answered about Mom. Her answers were all very sweet. However, one of the questions was, "What was the best thing your mom ever did for you?" She answered, "Go away for a week." So you see, I'm not the only one who enjoys the break. : )









No comments:
Post a Comment