We had a scary morning in our neighborhood. Recently there was a "home invasion" at the house two doors down from us. We woke up to the sound of helicopters overhead. I opened the front door to see about 5 police cars parked outside. I assumed it was a car accident. Th police saw me and waved me back into the house - that's when I knew it was something serious. Our street was taped off and police were walking down the street carrying weapons and wearing bullet-proof gear. We got ready for school as if it was a normal morning, but I wasn't even sure if we would be able to go outside. The police finally told us it was OK to go out, so the kids even made it to school on time. I did some work at the school that morning, but when I finally came back home at about 9:30 am the street was still taped off and police were still everywhere. The community support van was parked right in front of or house so I asked what had happened. They couldn't tell us, and neither could the police, but the victims were sitting in the van and I talked to them. (While I talked to the victims, the community support volunteers took Kendra a few feet away so shoe wouldn't be scared about what they were saying. They gave her a fire dept teddy bear and some water. She thought the teddy bear was the greatest thing ever and carried it around for days.) It makes you wonder how well you know your neighbors. I know most of my neighbors - except that family.
Our neighborhood is back to normal, but we are more cautious. I watch carefully as Josh comes home form the bus and when the kids go outside to play. (My poor kids... :-) as if I wasn't worried enough before.)
Good Games On Roblox Free
4 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment