We have had a series of unusual illnesses lately. It started with me getting a rash around my neck. Bekah's rash showed up a few days later followed by Josh. For a while I thought we had ringworm. After visiting with doctors we were told it is Pityriasis Rosea. It's not contageous but it can "cluster in families" and mainly affects ages 10-35. (I'm too old to get it, but wierder things have happened). So three of us are itching and slathering hydrocortizone cream all over. Wednesday Jared came home from school with a rash that looked similar to ours, but not exactly the same. I assumed it was the same so sent him to school Thurs. Last night Kendra found a spot of the same thing on her arm. I wasn't totally convinced theirs was pityriasis rosea so I took Jared to the doctor this morning. The Dr looked at him and announced that he has shingles! A peek at Kendra's arm indicates that she has the same thing. The oddest part is that the Dr. said to go ahead and send him back to school. I can't wait until all the itchies stop around here and we are all well again.
No comments:
Post a Comment