Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Funny

I wrote little Valentine notes to each of the kids. I was feeling silly and couldn't think of anything cute to say to Kendra, so I wrote, "You are so sweet I could eat you up."

When she opened her card, she asked Dad to read it.

Dad: "You are so sweet (when you are sleeping) I could eat you up (when you are sleeping)."

Kendra: "No, Dad. What does it really say?"

Dad: "You are so sweet I could eat you up."

Kendra: "What does it REALLY say?"

He repeated it but she didn't believe him.

Kendra: Mom, YOU tell me what it says."

Mom: "You are so sweet I could eat you up."

Kendra: "Moooom, Really! What does it say?"

Mom: "That's really what it says."

Kendra: "No it's not. Read it again and see."

Mom read it again.

Kendra: "No, Mom. Read it right."

Mom, (making it up): "You are so sweet... I love you, love you, love you. Happy Valentine's Day."

Kendra (walking away with a big sigh): "Finally! Thank you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment