Sunday, July 4, 2010

Date Night

Have you ever been paid to leave?  That's what happened to me last week.  David and I traditionally reserve Friday nights for dates.  I had been painting bathrooms all day.  I was determined to complete them by the end of the day but I didn't finish that chore until about 6:30.  We had spent money on our family movie the night before so I figured we would stay home for the night.  When the kids began asking when we were leaving, we explained that we would be staying in.  They did not like that answer!  Of course, they were only concerned about us and wanted David and I to enjoy a night without the hassle of children!  :-)  Then they offered to pay for our date!!  The going price started at $3.  Hey, that sounded good!  We could get an ice cream and go to the park for three dollars.  But apparently ice cream wouldn't keep us away long enough.  By the time I changed out of my painting clothes into something more appropriate for a date with my darling, the kids had rallied $7.  David and I went to the discount movies and the kids' expense.  When we came back, the younger kids were in bed and we had only minor messes to clean up and one toilet to unclog.  What a nice night!

No comments:

Post a Comment