Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm a Guzunder!!!

Our family has a few quirky family words that most others don't understand. We know that a "guzunder" is is the flat tool that "goes under" pancakes or hamburgers to flip them over. I think other people call it something boring like a spatula or turner. Sheesh!

The other day Josh was washing dishes but the guzunder was still really dirty. I told him to get it back out and wash it again. Kendra was confused and asked what a guzunder is. Josh, thinking fast, made up his own definition. He said, "It's a name for girls who are about Bekah's age."

Kendra smiled, she liked that idea. "So Bekah's a guzunder?"

Josh said, "She sure is."

Kendra giggled and said, "I can't wait until I'm a guzunder. Then I can go to big kid parties with other guzunders just like me!"

We all got a good laugh and she was only slightly disappointed that she would never grow up to become a real guzunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment