Sunday, September 5, 2010

Love Ya, Mom

As parents we would never dream of picking favorites among our children.  But what do we do when one of our children picks a favorite among us? 

About two weeks ago, Kendra took me by the hand and led me upstairs to my room.  She sat me down, looked into my eyes, and gently said, "Mom, please don't be mad.  I'm sorry to say this... but I love Daddy more than you."

It took my by surprise but I just smiled, assured her that I loved her, and gave her a hug and kiss. 

This morning she said, "I love, love, love Daddy all the way up to heaven and more."

I said, "Me, too" 

Then I asked her how much she loved me (probably not a good idea, now that I think about it).  She pointed outside and said, "Um, about as much as that tree."

Oh, well.  At least she picked a big tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment